If you are a citizen of a country other than the United States or Canada, you should begin the application process several months before the semester you plan to enroll. We suggest the following dates for application: before May 1 for the Fall Semester and before September 1 for the Winter Semester.
International Admissions Procedures
All students must submit a complete application before they will be considered for admission. This may be done by paper application or through the Internet. Visit our Application Page for complete details. If you'd like to contact someone in person, please call 403-443-3007.
1. A $50 application fee applies for International Students.
2. If applying after June 1, (or October 1 for the Winter Semester) a $35 late application fee will also apply.
3. Pastoral and General reference forms are available by clicking here and must be submitted as a part of the application.
4. Academic transcripts must also be submitted to provide a record of any previous secondary (high school) or post secondary studies.
5. Though not required, we welcome you to apply for Financial Aid.
International students who do not have English as their first language must submit proof of English proficiency by completing one of the following:
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 213 on the computer-based test or 550 for the paper-based test, OR
The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) exam with an overall band score of 6.5.
Note: Meeting these test scores does not guarantee admission to the college and additional testing may be required before admittance is granted
Acceptance & Immigration Information
1. Once we have received your completed application, the Admissions Committee will review your file and notify you of their decision. This usually takes 1 week from the day your application was completed.
2. If you are accepted, you will need to obtain a study permit (student visa) from a Canadian Consulate or Embassy. In order to do this you will need this following:
a. Proof of Citizenship: Passport
b. Proof of payment fees: International (non-USA) students are required to deposit one years fees deposited into your student account (approximately $15,000 Canadian dollars depending on your program). This can be made up of student financial assistance (see above), your own contribution(s) as well as the contributions of your family/friends/sponsors. We will then issue a document to show that you have met the requirements and mail this to you.
The most common ways for depositing funds are through credit card, International Money Order or Wire Transfer which is the preferred method. If you choose wire transfer, you will need the following information:
Bank: TD Canada Trust, Three Hills AB Canada
Recipient: Prairie Bible Institute, Three Hills
Account#: 89749 004 02485200506
Your full name:
The exact amount that you are transferring:
When it was sent:
Once you have deposited your tuition, we will mail all of the official documents to obtain a permit.
Proof of return Transportation: Canadian officials will require that you have return transportation to your home country upon completion of your studies.
Note that Student Visas are only issued to full-time students.
Why Study in Canada?
Canada is a mosaic of cultures and backgrounds from every corner of the world. It's no wonder 130,000 foreign students choose Canada for their post-secondary education. At Prairie, we're committed to building a passionate body of Christ and whether you are looking at Prairie Bible College, Prairie College of Applied Arts & Technology or Prairie School of Mission Aviation, we don't believe that it has to cost a fortune. We are committed to students being able to complete their studies with as little debt as possible.
In accordance with the Canada Health Act, Alberta has a publicly administered and funded health care system that guarantees Albertans receive universal access to medically necessary hospital and health care services. All International students will have access to this free Alberta Health Care Service and will register during Orientation Week. For more information, contact Student Enrollment Services or visit the link to Alberta Health listed below.